Our group SOLINA (1685 Employees, € 450 M turnover, 18 production sites in Europe and locations in 17 countries) imagines, conceives and develops ingredient solutions for food industries.
Our vision: « Creating sensory food experiences »
As a forward-looking community of food passionate people, we are currently recruiting our:
Group Procurement Global Category Manager W/M
The location is flexible (France – Belgium – NL , the headquarters is in Bréal-Sous-Montfort (35) France)
You report directly to the Group Procurement Director, work closely with Group Procurement Category Managers and the Regional Procurement Managers.
In an international environment you lead group wise the strategic categories: indirect spent, CAPEX, co-manufacturing and packaging.
You ensure a cost efficient and flexible supply for each category to deliver structural savings and de-risk the practices to support the growth & the strategy of Solina group.
You manage change by effective procurement leadership.
- You define the procurement strategies for each category, in line with our stakeholders, suppliers, customers and with the legislation.
- You deliver > 5% of annualized structural savings (i.e. at iso market conditions) and de-risk the practices (economical dependency exposure, contingency plan…).
- You develop strong and innovative procurement strategies for each category.
- You lead the transformation of procurement practices embarking leaders and operationals in the new approach.
- You’re accountable group wise for each category for:
- Negotiating contracts across the Group leveraging synergies that ensure competitive prices and their deployment.
- Leading proactively complex negotiations through to contract award and when required, being to solve urgent business needs.
- Providing market intelligence with a quarterly market analysis report production and the standard price update guidance
- Setting up Budget
- Managing supplier Relationship
- You lead supplier reviews of your portfolio to manage supplier performance and drive a continuous improvement
- You report the performance of the changes vs the target at group level.
- You engage with stakeholders (Finance, Quality, Supply chain and Operations,…) to ensure that procurement category strategies are aligned with business objectives and priorities.
Education: Advanced degree in Business is required.
Experience: ideally, 15+ years of successful international experience in a commercial procurement function, min 10 years within the job perimeter and demonstrated category management experience
- Basics financial metrics practice.
- Market know how: EU-transport/freight and logistics services.
- Strong knowledge of contractual terms, conditions and framework agreements.
- Experience of supplier management/performance management.
- A proven track record in delivering significant savings and innovative sourcing solutions
- A commercial mindset, supported by strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Capability to embark leaders and operationals in the transformation of procurement practices
- Entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on, action oriented and flexible approach.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communicator.
- Capabilities of dual actions: hands on and strategic thinking and the ability to translate them to management level.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and leading multisite projects
- Fluent English is a must, other languages is a plus
- Travelling is essential for your job (50%-70% of the time => up to 3 days per week)