We are the leading producer of chilled sauces in the UK. We supply the very top tier of supermarkets in the UK and we love what we do. Not only do make the tastiest and highest quality sauces out there but, we continue to innovate our recipes, formats and process so that we continue to put smiles on faces at the dinner table.
We’re not a business that stands still and rest on our previous successes, we like to stay fresh and keep improving everything we do. We continually invest in the development of our teams so that they, in turn, challenge each other and the business to improve.
Our group SOLINA (1685 employees, 450 M turnover, 18 production sites in Europe and locations in 17 countries) imagines, conceives and develops ingredient solutions for food industries.
Our Vision : "Creating sensory food experiences"
An opportunity has now arisen for a Production Line Leader to join our Solina Elland team.
Production Line Leader
Lead production on a designated flow line (s) from prepping through the process to booking out so that a plan is achieved to standard with 95% of time being spent on production line
Set a culture through your behaviours of process confirmation to maintain an audit standard environment
A safe working environment is maintained at all times through Paws tours, risk assessments and effective accident investigations
Food safety, quality and hygiene standards are maintained at all times using Standard Works techniques
Conformance to plan is achieved at the agreed standard
Visual Management and cockpit boards are kept up to date with accurate data to ensure timely communication
To work in conjunction with wider business to set the productivity, safety, quality and hygiene standards on the line and ensure these are maintained at all times (audit ready)
To improve the lines productivity, safety, quality and hygiene standards using Lean, Continuous Improvement and Problem-Solving techniques
To recruit, train and continually develop the line team members using Coaching, Training Within Industry and formal feedback techniques
To manage the day-to-day procedures aspects such as appraisals, TMS records, Return to Work, holiday and disciplinary are performed in line with our stated procedures and to timelines
- Be able to communicate at all levels of the business
- Be able to maintain solid team relations and promote positive culture
- Be well organised, able to work on own initiative
- Have a good attendance record
- Be IT literate with strong Microsoft skills
- Be willing to work as part of a team and have a flexible approach to the working hours due to business requirements
- Be able to keep calm under pressure, whilst being assertive and tenacious when dealing with issues
- Have a practical approach to fault finding and problem solving
- Identifies and acts upon opportunities for improvement
- Above all want to develop and grow with the business
Hours: Rotating shift pattern 6.00-14.00/ 14.00-22.00 Monday - Friday